Today has been a really good day. Lizzie looks really good and is progressing nicely. She is smiling a lot and is happy. She hasn't been able to eat all day because she is backed up, but other than that she is doing great. Perhaps the biggest blessing is that they have decided to only prick her finger 2x per day instead of 6. Once every 12 hours instead of once every 4. Her little fingers look like hamburger so they will get a little bit of a break.
Carol and I also had a really nice day. Carol got to go to lunch with some friends in our ward and she had a visitor from the ward she grew up in from Brigham City. I also had a friend bring me lunch and it was nice to catch up with him. I even got a little nap.
If Lizzie can get rid of some of the stuff she is backed up with, we may be able to come home tomorrow or Sunday. It is kind of frightening because we don't feel like she is quite ready to come home. She needs so much help just to do little things. However, if she didn't have an IV and a nurse chasing after her to prick her finger 6 times a day it may be easier for her to progress.
I can't believe how much she has progressed in a couple of days. This will be a life long lifestyle change for us but we feel so grateful for the progress that she has made. We have amazing and incredible friends and family. Everyone has been so kind and generous to us and we feel overwhelmed by it. I don't think I was ever the type of person that thinks the world is a totally horrible place. Especially after this, I notice how kind people are. As difficult as this has been, we have it much better than many people we have met here. And although we have been scared to death and wondering at times if Lizzie was going to pull through, she has made it through EVERY time. As we have trusted the Lord and asked others to help with simple prayers, they have been offered and thankfully, they have been answered.
I wouldn't ever want to go through this again, but honestly, I feel like this has been a positive overall experience(Lizzie would probably argue with me:). I just hope everything goes well for the 6-12 months of physical therapy they are now telling us she will need. Thankfully, I think she'll be able to do a lot of that from home.
Count Your Blessings!
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay! What a great update! I hope Lizzie gets to go home tomorrow. Home Sweet Home, for sure! I love PCMC and I totally agree that there's no better place to see true goodness in those around you and realize how blessed you truly are - despite any crappy circumstances that landed you there!
Wow, Home so soon! That is great. I hope things keep getting better, so you feel like it will be alright at home. I'm glad that you have been able to have some good days.
Post a Comment