After five long years of working his hiney off, he finally won his first diversification trip from Edward Jones. Diversification trips can be won every six months from his job based on a bunch of different performance categories. And, HE WON! We're going to Hawaii the first of next year and we can't wait! Edward Jones trips are not your average trips. You get to stay in 5-star hotels and they treat you like royalty - Ben has worked so hard the past 5 years and I'm so proud of him!
Secondly (like that wasn't enough), my cute hubby with his fabulous singing voice has sung his way into a really cool singing group...the SunVally Carolers. So, in December, we're headed up to Sun Valley Resort for two weeks where our whole family gets to stay at the resort and have free skiing, food, housing, ice skating, movies, bowling and tubing. We can't wait to spend our Christmas up there! Thanks J.R. for telling us about it!
I know this post is a huge bragfest (sorry) but Ben really is amazing and I just had to share how great he is!
8 comments:
We think Ben is awesome too! I think it's great that he gets to go sing for a couple of weeks in Sun Valley! Wish we could come too! :)
Thats Awesome. Congrats Ben that will be so fun, I want to do it. Maybe next year i can try out with you. Good for you. and congrats on the trip to Hawaii, Jealous!
Carol, that is absolutely fabulous! WoW! I am trying to blog some comments before tropical storm Hannah Reaks Havoc on our internet. What a great time to go to Hawaii. You will come back all tan and stuff.
Hey guys!
No problem about introducing Ben to the carolers and for talking to Derek...however, with Ben's musical abilities, he really didn't need any of my help. Ben was always one that we all looked up to and admired; he was always an example to us. It is going to be a blast this year with so many new faces (and some faces that are old friends). This will be my 8th season doing this, and I get more excited every year! What you wrote in your blog doesn't even begin to explain how fun it is going to be...you forgot the 10 ft. deep hot tub pool we can play in everyday and all the celebrities we are going to sing for (just to name a few more neat things). However, I don't think that the bowling is free, and I may be wrong, but usually they have only let us ice skate for free once per trip up there. But who knows, maybe they mean only one free skate rental?...or maybe they have made it free all the time...that would be cool. One time we went ice skating, we were on the ice with Kenny-G and Rob Lowe (the bad brother from Tommy Boy). There were only a few of us, but we sang and they both stopped and listened and chatted with us. Wow this could go on...already too long for a blog comment, but you can tell how excited I am! Tell Ben good luck with the music. There is a lot of it and it is very challenging. What part is he singing?
J.R.
I can't even begin to tell you how excited we are for you guys! Winning those trips is hard work! You will have a fabulous time... can't wait to hear about Hawaii. And it sounds like he really is a rock star... looks like that American Idol contest really paid off! Congrats!
Robin
I now will be singing the happy little working song all night! Congrats to both of you on the trip! Ben you ROCK!!!!
Thanks for your kind words earlier!
Love you tons!
I can think of no one else that deserves theses two great and exciting trips. I enjoyed reading all of your posts, it is amazing how much I don't know about my own seester's family until I start reading. Thanks and I love you guys
You should BRAG and its OK!! YEAH for you that will be so fun! Hawaii is AMAZING you will LOVE IT!! Where are you staying? Yeah for Ben and you know that he couldn't have done it without his WONDERFUL wife by his side! CONGRATS what a fun thing!
Post a Comment